BEYÇELİK HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Acting in compliance with internationally valid human rights principles in our relationships with our employees, customers, suppliers, contractors institutions and organizations with which we communicate is our primary value. We aim to provide our employees with a workplace environment that respects people. In the Human Rights Policy, which was prepared on the basis of these values and purpose, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions and Universal Declaration of Human Rights have been taken as guide. The Human Rights Policy supports the Beyçelik Holding Code of Business Ethics, which is published on July 1, 2017.
Human Rights Policy applies to all companies within the structure of Beyçelik Group. The Policy internal relations of the company has been created to be a guide for all employees, customers, suppliers in their relationships each other and with other stakeholders.
Respect for Human, Equal of Opportunity
- We support and respect internationally recognized human rights principles.
- We do not allow verbal or actual harassment in the workplace in any way.
- We do not discriminate between our employees based on age, race, gender, belief, language, religion, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, seniority, political opinion, military service, disability.
- We do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, belief, language, religion, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, seniority, political opinion, military service, disability in all conditions such as recruitment, placement, promotion, termination of employment contract, recall, transfer, leave, wage and training.
- We evaluate the competencies and performances of our employees through the systems created by Human Resources relying on objective criteria, and we offer opportunity for career and development for each employee in a manner to create equal opportunities for everyone.
- We implement our working hours according to the procedures and principles specified in the labor law.
- We establish our wage policy according to the sector and local labor market without any discrimination for work with equal value.
- We provide safe and healthy working environment for our employees.
- We follow and apply all local laws to ensure our employees’ occupational health and safety.
- We regularly inform our employees in order to learn and correctly implement the legislation regarding occupational health and safety.
- We comply with the Regulation on Procedures and Principles for Employment of Child and Young Workers, and we do not employ any worker under the age of 18 as per our corporate approach for human resource.
- We prohibit practices that violate freedom to engage in business and freedom of labor by the use of force or threats or any other unlawful conduct.
- We manage all our activities and investments with the aim of sustainable growth.
- We act with a sense of responsibility towards our environment and take the necessary precautions during our activities.
Working Hours and Wages
Occupational Health and Safety
Training and Development
- We believe that the most important investment is the investment is the one we made in our employees, and accordingly, we support our employees with continuous training for their personal development.
Forced Labor and Child Labour
The Right to Establish Trade Unions and Right to Collective Bargaining
- We respect the freedom of our employees to establish trade unions and ensure that the right to collective bargaining is effectively recognized.
- We take measures for protection of the personal data of our employees and apply the standards that are prescribed in the laws and regulations in this respect.
- We aim that all our employees have a honest and respectful relationship with each other at Beyçelik, and we work to provide the necessary working environments in this regard.
- We expect our employees to adopt and comply with the Human Rights Policy.
- We work to identify and prevent the potential issues in advance that will adversely affect the compliance with human rights and that may arise from our activities.
- We expect our suppliers and business partners to act in compliance with our Policy.
- Beyçelik is obliged to carry out the necessary works to give information on the matter and raise awareness in order for its employees to act in accordance with the policy.
- Feedback or complaints regarding the compliance with the Human Rights Policy are sent to the Ethics Committee e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The articles contained in the Human Rights Policy are reviewed annually by the Ethics Committee Members and revised when deemed necessary.
- The written reports submitted to the relevant Ethics Committee with respect to the acts and practices that are not in compliance with the Human Rights Policy is reviewed by the Ethics Committee. The reviews are performed in secret. No retaliation can be in question against the employee who submitted a report.